Today is my birthday. I won’t go into which one this is for me, let’s just say that in high school I danced to most of the songs from Glee. Anyway, I thought I’d share my little wish list with you again, even though I’m still waiting for my titanium spork from last year.
10. I’ve had my eye on these framed photos of letters for at least a year. I’m thinking about trying to photograph my own, but if not I’ll be visiting Uncommon Goods for their version. The hardest part is figuring out what I want to spell.
9. I love to read, even though I don’t have as much time to do it as I’d like. My favorites are sci-fi, fantasy, mystery and even a little horror. I’ve wanted to read the Game of Thrones series since they started advertising the new HBO series based on it. Maybe I’ll just give up sleep.
8. Remember when you could actually rest the phone between your ear and shoulder while you were talking on it? Well, I do. I miss being able to multi-task while I talk. Now the phone either slips or I hang up with my cheek. Retro Bluetooth Handset from ThinkGeek to the rescue.
7. We were in Seattle a couple of years ago and I saw a typewriter key bracelet in the window of a jewelry store. I’ve wanted one ever since. Luckily for me, they can be found on Etsy, like this one from HauteKeys.
6. Let me start by saying I cannot pull these off. I don’t have the right shape. However, we saw a woman wearing these ruffled pants in a capri length at Crafty Wonderland who looked fantastic in them. The fact that these, from SweetassDesigns on Etsy, are red and black makes them even better.
5. I mentioned last year that my best ideas come to me in the shower. My second-best ideas come right before I fall asleep, creating a need for the I Can’t Sleep Journal from Uncommon Goods. It would work perfectly with the light-up pen I keep in my nightstand.
4. Since I have a couple of different books listed here, I’m going to need something to hold them up. Enter James the Bookend from the MoMA store. And his twin, to hold up the other side.
3. I work from home, so I don’t actually need to carry my lunch anywhere most of the time. However, I love these Bright Tiffins from Twine so much, I’m going to find an excuse. I might use them to carry it out to the back deck.
2. A local boutique had some cowboy rain boots last year that I was completely in love with. I never went and bought them, and I regret that. I live in Oregon. If I could ever justify a shoe purchase, it’s rain boots. Even though the ones I really wanted are no longer available, I think I could bring myself to substitute these from Amazon.
1. This is the one thing on this list I can guarantee I will have on my birthday. I saw it last week when I was working on my cookie post. I already told my husband and daughter all about it. The supplies are in the pantry and they are going to make it for me. This thing is a brownie, cookie dough and cake bit of heaven. Thank you Cookies and Cups for providing the nirvana that will hold my candles this year. I’ll be in touch again after I come out of the sugar coma.